Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Just thinking to myself and wondering what if????

Hello everyone. I was at work today thinking about my life and how I have changed a lot in the last ten years. The things I once thought I had to have aren't that important to me now. The things I love now used to be things I never ever thought I would like this much. So I got thinking, what if???
What if I continued to be an active soccer and softball player, what if I continued with Physical Therapy school, what if I had move half way across the world, what if I had got married to the other guy?
Well, the list goes on and on. But then I was reminded of the life I do have and how I truly feel blessed to have it. Sure, I might not have become the world traveler that I once thought I would be, or the physically fit girl I was at the age of 18, or became a Physical Therapist....but I really am starting to see that I do have what I want now and I am really learning to be content. Sure, I have 50 extra pounds to lose because I no longer play soccer to stay active, but I am still a strong woman. I may not be as fast as I once was, but I can still move and get up and go for a walk if I chose and appreciate nature even more. Maybe I didn't marry that one guy. You know what? That is a huge blessing right there! I love my husband more now than what I loved him at our wedding day. Trust me, I loved him more than I ever thought possible for a human to love on the day, but our love for each other now has more depth and understanding and acceptance than we both could have imagined on our wedding day.
God has blessed me with so much and has allowed me to really accept my life as it is now, here and in the present. What better is there than that? True acceptance of one's own life is pretty powerful stuff for me. So, although I had some what if questions, I like the "what is" a little more.....



I made this card with the manhatten floral embossing folder and used the vellum paper. I placed it on the certainly celery cardstock. I then put it on Tempting Turquoise cardstock and tied it with T.T. ribbon. I then stamped it with the love you much stamp set from the well scripted stamp set. I will be giving this card to my husband just to say how much I love him and how grateful I am to be with him in the here and now.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Leslie. That's a wonderful lesson to share. I do way to much looking backward and maybe that's why I trip so much trying to go forward? - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to add one more. The word puzzle I got to post the last comment got me thinking. ourock - could be read as Our Rock - the role Christ plays in our life!

    ReplyDelete