Thursday, June 10, 2010

I am trying to be patient....

I am sitting here waiting for my Stampin Up Order to get here. It is supposed to be here today through the UPS. I am trying really hard to be patient, but the more the time goes by, the less impatient I am becoming. God is showing me a little more about patience lately, but of all the days to test me??? The day my new 2010 catalog is supposed to come, the UPS guy still hasn't shown up. I keep looking out my window in hopes he gets here, but still no big truck in my driveway. I should go and do something so that I won't be thinking about it at all. But, what if I miss him, or what he has dropped the box off at my steps and I didn't know he came yet, or what if he got a speeding ticket and he is delayed because he was hurrying to get my goodies for me? Help me to accept when he gets here, no matter if it is later than normal. Help me to be content with this too. Here I just talked about being content and feeling blessed. Well, I am trying to be patiently content, just sometimes it is easier said than done!

Here is a card I made the other day for July fourth. I love spending time with family on Independence day so I usually send out a bunch of July 4th cards. In my family, we have all grown up to be very patriotic. What better day to celebrate it than Independence day? I love the summer picnics, the summer games, the summer laughter, and just the overall summer happiness. When I think of July 4th with my family I think of hot dogs, lots of hot dogs...lots of ketchup on slightly burnt hotdogs. So I knew that the chef guy from the Voila set would be perfect for this special occasion.



Supplies used:
Kraft, real Red, Not quite Navy , and Very Vanilla Cardstock
Large star punch
Voila and Voila To go stamp sets
Close to Cocoa ink
Real Red ink
Real Red 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon
Red white and blue jumbo wheel

No comments:

Post a Comment